Wrench storage

How do you get the adjustable wrench out from behind?
How to you pull on a cut up wrench when you don't even round the end over?

AI fake! :cool:

I kinda like it.....

How do you get the adjustable wrench out from behind?
How to you pull on a cut up wrench when you don't even round the end over?

AI fake! :cool:

I kinda like it.....
By the sizes I would say a pipe is needed

I have a number of large open end wrenches with short handles, some purchased that way but most “converted:”

IMG_8278_Radiant_Photo.jpeg
Some have also had the heads thinned. The ends are smooth but not radiused; however, since I don’t gronk the fasteners these are used on that’s not an issue.

I have a number of large open end wrenches with short handles, some purchased that way but most “converted:”

View attachment 505157
Some have also had the heads thinned. The ends are smooth but not radiused; however, since I don’t gronk the fasteners these are used on that’s not an issue.

Commonly known, in England at least, as "Slogging" spanners, to be hit mercilessly with the heaviest hammer you can find...

I well remember having a 55mm spanner for smacking when it came to working on HPC compressors and filling them with oil. They had a short hex bolt with an o-ring seal. Never met one that wasn't overly tight. Always had to use a 2lb lump hammer, the hammer being nicknamed "Lumpy" due to the fact it was a "lump" hammer.

Still have the spanner somehwere... Was a full length, but cut down for ease of use and use in tight confines. Also expolains why I always have clear silicone grease to hand which was used for the little activation cyclinder seal, but now gets used for o-rings and other things.

@ChazzC

The word "Gronk", at least to me, means a specific type of diesel shunting loco. A class 08 0-6-0 shunting loco. They are referred to as "Gronks" collectively or as a "Gronk" when spotted on their own.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Always had to use a 2lb lump hammer, the hammer being nicknamed "Lumpy" due to the fact it was a "lump" hammer.

I haven't hard that one. I think Google is confused, they're showing me every hammer ever invented as what one is. Booo again on their newest upgrades.... What are you calling a "lump hammer"?

This is what a "lump hammer" is. Name comes from the fact the hammer head just looks like a "lump" of square barstock that has had minimal machining. Also known as a "Club" hammer.

Language is a strange thing at times, what with regional and country based language often being different to what many may know if from a different country or even regional area.

shopping.png

I've always known them by weight. I have a 3lb hammer that I inherited from my Dad for example.

This is what a "lump hammer" is. Name comes from the fact the hammer head just looks like a "lump" of square barstock that has had minimal machining. Also known as a "Club" hammer.

Gotcha. I know that one. And yeah, we'd call it a club hammer. At least here in my neck of the woods.

Language is a strange thing at times, what with regional and country based language often being different to what many may know if from a different country or even regional area.

Indeed. Hence my curiosity, and occasional silly questions. :)

Gotcha. I know that one. And yeah, we'd call it a club hammer. At least here in my neck of the woods.

Indeed. Hence my curiosity, and occasional silly questions. :)

The only "Silly / stupid" question is the one you never ask....

Back