Where to mount Lathe on stand

I had something like this actually happen. It was a heavily loaded Snap-On rollaround tool box, nothing mounted on top. Just rolling it along a sidewalk where the wheels caught in one of the expansion joints and the drawers slide out and tipped it all forward. It was too heavy to just pull back up and I ended up emptying the how thing. Bottom drawer flexed and bent the slide enough that the drawer won't go back in. It also broke the little lever that releases the drawer so it can be removed.
That's the worst. That's why I'm a fan of mastercraft toolboxes. The drawers are physically locked shut. With friction closed drawers they eventually wear out and slide open by themselves unless you lock the box with the key.

I had something like this actually happen. It was a heavily loaded Snap-On rollaround tool box, nothing mounted on top. Just rolling it along a sidewalk where the wheels caught in one of the expansion joints and the drawers slide out and tipped it all forward. It was too heavy to just pull back up and I ended up emptying the how thing. Bottom drawer flexed and bent the slide enough that the drawer won't go back in. It also broke the little lever that releases the drawer so it can be removed.
Exactly why strapping iaround the entire cabinet, stopping the drawers from cascading open is essential when moving heavy, wheeled, tool cabinets about.

Back