What did you do on the family vacation ?

Gas grill is completed , maybe made 80 cents on scrap aluminum cans while doing it . The master pipe fitter has to hook it up Thursday . Guess this is required for insurance issues ? :dunno: Next up ...................hang another mirror . :big grin: All is good . I enjoy keeping busy even while on vacation . :encourage:
Work is the vacation and the vacation is work....

Or, put a different way..

A vacation is work, work is a vacation.

Sounds about right! :laughing:

Last edited:
We had a similar experience recently. We drove a few thousand miles across Europe, cleaned out a garage, and did some outdoor chores. We even put together a new gas grill with 36 instructions.

After all that, we definitely needed a trip to the store for more drinks. Exploring Europe was amazing, and we managed to get a lot of work and fun in. If you're curious to learn more about planning a trip like this, check out some tips and guides on booking cheaper flights.

Last edited:
We’re at a friend’s rural off the grid summer cottage in Southern Savonia. The nights are still very light…

IMG_6578.jpeg

…and thanks to the dry summer, there are almost no mosquitoes here (quite contrary to the usual situation). I will spend this weekend hiking in the nature, swimming in the nip and going to a proper wooden sauna:

IMG_6589.jpeg

Like the presenter of Jazz Club, Louis Balfour would say, “Nice!” :beer:

Last edited:
We drove an hour to the train station. Which carried us to Chicago. Then we took the blue line to O’Hare. We flew to Manila, then flew to Palawan, then flew to Manila…and finally flew home. I think that’s about a 15k mile trip.
It was quite an adventure, and I learned many valuable lessons about getting older.
I kayaked, rode bicycles on the beach, ate at an open air oceanside restaurant after walking through a mangrove forest. I battled sand fleas, mosquitoes, and biting flies. I slept entirely too little and ate entirely too much.
I had the opportunity to meditate in a fancy meditation hut, but sitting in a beach hut watching the waves was more enticing. There was a seafood buffet every evening at the Palawan resort Astoria. But I don’t like seafood, so I ate a lot of bread.

And finally, I read all about how I will never be able to buy a brand new Suzuki Jimny because of Consumer Reports, and a lawsuit.IMG_3470.jpeg

Back