What did you do on the family vacation ?

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Takes me back to the early school years when you had to write a small paper . :grin:

So far , drove 2512 miles across 2 countries .
Swept out an entire garage of dust
Swept off the outside patio
Sqeegied ( cleaned ) all the glass panels on said patio
Next up . Assemble a gas grill for the patio with 36 detailed numbered instructions . :grin:

To be continued , I have to make a run to the corner store for more adult beverages . I've done grills before . :eek:

To be continued , I have to make a run to the corner store for more adult beverages . I've done grills before . :eek:

Sounds a bit like "I have a frame to paint with candy".... Going to need some "adult beverages" to help with that!

Candy paint is a pain. Primer, base colour, clear coat, three coats of candy, 3 coats of clear, apply decals, another coat of clear!

10 coats of paint on a frame that never had more than three coats of paint from the factory!

Most of my “vacations” involve me working harder than I do at my job. By the end of “vacation”, I need to go back to work to recuperate. Lol

Old saying "going to work is as good as a rest".... Never found something to be so true!

After all, when on a break, you try to cram as much of what you can do into that time, without realising just how much work it actually is to do all that and you wear yourself out more than when at work.

Thankully, my work is at home, so I can drink tea, do what I need and want to do,whenever I want, for whatever reason I want.

Every year in June, I aattend the National show for the Raleigh Chopper (held in the UK) which attracts international visitors from the Netherlands, NYC (Old york in the UK is far better :p ) as well as other countries. The show is held near Olney now.

Honestly, I doubt if I will ever work harder anywhere than I do at that show. Being part of the organisation of it is fine, but darn are we always run off our feet with one thing or another. Literally can not sit down for more than 60 seconds before we have to get up to do something or field questions, or fix something or other. Takes until 4pm to even get around to getting a very quick look around the various stalls of parts on the saturday despite being there since the Thursday!! Literally a quick glance and then move on knowing we only have about 10 minutes to do it in.

Back