What can you make out of this?

I guess I’d tie a rope around it and use it to keep the boat from drifting.

It’s my opinion when you run into a steel that acts stubborn, to scrap it. I’ve wasted a lot of time, effort, and tooling trying to bully metal. It just ain’t worth it.

I have two semi crankshafts. I bought at an auction acouple years ago. My plan is to make a mailbox post out of at least one of them. Other idea was to make a coffee table and use the crank and some rods as the metal base for the table.
Cutting up to use as material I would think you’d at least have to anneal it. Make yourself a nice bonfire and throw it in.

I have two semi crankshafts. I bought at an auction acouple years ago. My plan is to make a mailbox post out of at least one of them. Other idea was to make a coffee table and use the crank and some rods as the metal base for the table.
Cutting up to use as material I would think you’d at least have to anneal it. Make yourself a nice bonfire and throw it in.

A neighbor down the road has a crankshaft as a mailbox post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like the one on the right side of the photo? That is from a Mack Truck engine and me beside my car in 1977. Have to click on the photo to enlarge and see the crankshaft.

Attachments

• IMG_1471.jpeg
    IMG_1471.jpeg
    396.9 KB · Views: 22
Back