Wayne 60 Gas pump restoration

What a great shop or is it a museum! And thanks for up-dating us with some new build photos.

What a great shop or is it a museum! And thanks for up-dating us with some new build photos.
You're welcome on the update. I don't consider it a museum because I play in it. I consider it more of a vacation spot, playpen, paradise, heaven, happy place, and workshop. Sometimes I just sit and relax and enjoy the environment. I have friends that come to visit and don't want to leave.

Jeff,
Yup, fold-out hid-a-bed and full bath (shower).
Yup, mini fridge.
Nope, no microwave.

You'll have to refresh your memory. Here is a link to the photos. Bear in mind they are outdated, but you'll get the full picture. Study them carefully. :encourage:

I am using single stage acrylic enamel.
Ok, that’s usually what I use on my old machinery. Looks good and holds up nice

Still working on it.

Lots of priming and sanding. Hopefully more painting today.

View attachment 499241
Got a quick question and I’m not sure who to ask. I see that you deal with single stage enamel a good bit on your gas pumps so maybe you will have some insight. Have you ever dealt with enamel clear coat? About to try it for the first time

Got a quick question and I’m not sure who to ask. I see that you deal with single stage enamel a good bit on your gas pumps so maybe you will have some insight. Have you ever dealt with enamel clear coat? About to try it for the first time
I guess I haven't yet found the need to use enamel clear. Sorry, can't help.

I guess I haven't yet found the need to use enamel clear. Sorry, can't help.
That’s fine. I usually get pretty good gloss without. Just had one piece turn out a little dull

That’s fine. I usually get pretty good gloss without. Just had one piece turn out a little dull
You can try using rubbing compound. I had a Chrysler New Yorker before I got my Camaro, it was old and dull. I went to work on it with compound. My neighbor saw me and said you can't rub out enamel. Then he looked at the area I just finished (trunk) , and he was dumbfounded.
Try a finer compound, if it's not able to cut it, try a coarser compound. But before you do that, make sure you wait some time for the paint to cure. If you do it while it's still soft, you'll have a bigger mess, and it will get dull again. When it's hard, it's much easier to polish up. This assumes you got a decent coat to begin with.

Back