Ultra S/P cutting oil

Batmanacw

Registered
Registered
I was given a small bottle of this stuff at the flea market by a vendor. He is selling bigger bottles for $12.

20240628_101844.jpg

20240628_101937.jpg

So far it stays where you put it and it doesn't seem to boil off like my beloved dark cutting oil. Much less smoking and less lung irritation. The drill bit stays wet. It stays on taps really well too.

The consistency is between honey and dark cutting oil.

If the guy comes to the flea market this Sunday I'll buy a couple bigger bottles.

The funny part is that I don't particularly think it's better than any of the many quality cutting oils I have on the shop. It just have a good first impression. It works nicely. That's why I'm curious if there is a following for it.

I was given a small bottle of this stuff at the flea market by a vendor. He is selling bigger bottles for $12.

So far it stays where you put it and it doesn't seem to boil off like my beloved dark cutting oil. Much less smoking and less lung irritation. The drill bit stays wet. It stays on taps really well too.

The consistency is between honey and dark cutting oil.

If the guy comes to the flea market this Sunday I'll buy a couple bigger bottles.

The funny part is that I don't particularly think it's better than any of the many quality cutting oils I have on the shop. It just have a good first impression. It works nicely. That's why I'm curious if there is a following for it.
Found it in a couple of places (here & here), SDS attached. Frontier was the only page that had pricing, so $12 from your local guy is reasonable.

Attachments

• NorsemanUltraSP.pdf
    222 KB · Views: 4
When I have used Anchor lube it sits like toothpaste, and I question how it gets down in the hole while drilling SS if your not supposed to peck? I must say that I know nothing about drilling dynamics, it's just something that makes me go hummmm.

When I have used Anchor lube it sits like toothpaste, and I question how it gets down in the hole while drilling SS if your not supposed to peck? I must say that I know nothing about drilling dynamics, it's just something that makes me go hummmm.

You can dilute it with water per the manufacturer (I forget the ratio).

Back