Today's Jokes - 2024

Back in the seventies, when the automotive industry started their migration to metric, it seemed that the 10mm was the one size that you couldn't get by with an SAE wrench. The metric screws that replaced the 1/4=20 or 1/4-28 were M6 with a 10mm head. The 10mm socket was the first metric socket purchased and the orphan that didn't have a proper home. Consequently it was prone to loss or misplacement.

Back in the seventies, when the automotive industry started their migration to metric, it seemed that the 10mm was the one size that you couldn't get by with an SAE wrench. The metric screws that replaced the 1/4=20 or 1/4-28 were M6 with a 10mm head. The 10mm socket was the first metric socket purchased and the orphan that didn't have a proper home. Consequently it was prone to loss or misplacement.
My 'go to' set of sockets I carried in my truck in the 80's was a set of 3/8" Craftsman SAE sockets, with a 10mm added to the holder!

Some habbits are impossible to break such as saying yes mam, no sir and hitting that space bar twice...
What comes around, goes around. Many smartphones now, hitting the spacebar twice at the end of a sentence inserts a period, and [single] space, ready for your next sentence. Or at least, they can be set to do so.

Back