Today's Jokes - 2024

We went the opposite direction... we hiked down the South Kaibab trail and out by the Bright Angel trail... took 3 days to hike it. That was in 1988...

I don't remember a phone booth... but I was 15 years old at the time. That's been a couple of weeks ago...

-Bear
The phone booth was on the north side of the canyon on the Kaibab Trail. I remember the phone cable was lying on the ground and went straight up the canyon to the rim while the Trail switchbacked up and down.

The only thing worse than raining cats and dogs--- is hailing taxis.

Don’t let a pig drive, it’ll hog the whole road.

If Apple made a car, would it have Windows?

Honda is oldest car make in the world. It was mentioned in the bible!
"And the apostles were all in Accord"

As I put the car in reverse, I thought to myself:
"This really takes me back".

I remember my last pay phone try, just not positive on the year, late eighties? Las Vegas, put my quarter in and the call would not go through. Not only that, I didn't get my quarter back.

Life lesson: if you can't win with a pay phone you better not gamble.

The phone booth was on the north side of the canyon on the Kaibab Trail. I remember the phone cable was lying on the ground and went straight up the canyon to the rim while the Trail switchbacked up and down.

We took one day to hike to the bottom down the South Kaibab trail. Upon reaching the Bright Angel campground, me, my dad, and my uncle dropped our packs and laid down in Bright Angel Creek... fully clothed. My mom, older sister, and younger brother just waded a bit.

The next day, we hiked up to the Indian Gardens campground (now called Havasupai Gardens) arriving about noon... I spent the afternoon reading Louis L'Amour's 'The Haunted Mesa' while sitting in the shade of a sign post and dipping saltine crackers into my jar of very melted peanut butter. It was a bit warm there...

The third day, we hiked back up to the South Rim...

An unforgettable experience, for sure.

-Bear

In 2009 I hiked the Kaibab down from the North Rim, spent 2 nights at Bright Angel campground, and back up the Kaibab. I don't recall a pay phone but I think there was an emergency phone somewhere along the way. There was a pay phone at the Phantom Ranch.

Back