Today's Joke - 2023 Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stole this off a motorcycle forum. Person who posted it there is/was a GM Tech with all the certifications.

I am studying various manufacturers tech on variable cylinder management where cylinders are cut out at steady cruise to gain fuel economy.
Some guy posted the following phrase on a discussion:

“GM's efficiency tech is to shut down cylinders until the tow truck is doing all the work.”

Lol.
Do you remember the 8, 6, 4 Cadillac? Some bad ideas never die.....

Remember them? I worked on a couple...few...some and yes I'm that old!
When they finally junked those do you think they put them in the salvage yard next to all those Cadillac Diesels that GM made by converting V8 gas engines to run on diesel? I knew several folks with those and they always told me about there fuel economy to which I reminded them that any car that never leave the shop will get good fuel economy.....

When they finally junked those do you think they put them in the salvage yard next to all those Cadillac Diesels that GM made by converting V8 gas engines to run on diesel? I knew several folks with those and they always told me about there fuel economy to which I reminded them that any car that never leave the shop will get good fuel economy.....
Probably. I worked with a kid who brought one less than3 years old. Cadillac. Dropped a 427 in it and got it running. He told me that all told he had $1500 (?) in it. Only use I could ever see for one of those.

Do you remember the 8, 6, 4 Cadillac? Some bad ideas never die.....
I couldn't remember the year that engine was in but my younger son and I were just talking about them. He bought a Caddy. I can't remember if it's a 84 or 86 that he bought but it has less than 60K original miles.
I told him if it has the 4-6-8, that's why it never made it over 60K

That engine was junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back