Spindle or flex arm lights for mill

ChicagoJeff

Registered
Registered
As a newbie LMS 6500 mill owner, I'm reading threads about lighting, trying to learn the pros & cons.
For those that have used both lighting methods, do you have a preference?

actually, been looking for a spindle light for the drill press, though it needs to be a smaller diameter.

I made a ring light for the mini mill and there can be the issue with a shadow from your tooling or quill, but I have decent overhead light so it surveys more as an area light for the most part.

I made a ring light for my BP mill several years ago and have been less than impressed with it. It provides plenty of bright light as long as the quill is retracted. But the further the quill is extended, the more it blocks the light. I think some sort of a flexible goose neck light would be more advantageous.
Ted

Both. They are cheap.

I put two ring lights on my Rockwell. One on the quill housing and one on the quill itself.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

I made a ring light with two rings. It magnetically attaches to my quill. There are some shadows on occasion but overall it is good. It's important to have decent lighting in one's shop, the ring lights are supplemental.

Back