Saving a Harig Super 612

@akjeff , just found this thread. I just bought a Super 612 in pretty nice shape for $400. The oil pump is working, but not pushing up to the sight glass. I checked the "very stiff" tube, it is intact and clear. Where did you get the oil pump?
Good score! You may just need to clean and adjust the pump. On the line that feeds the site glass at the top of the column, there's a restrictor valve that adjusts the flow of oil to the top. May just need tweaking. Or the line it feeds has a blockage. See Figure 19 of the manual that I've attached.

I bought my pump from Jim here. https://harigtechsupport.com/index-2.html

Attachments

• Handfeed AEG Switch ('82 to '97 cover).pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
Good score! You may just need to clean and adjust the pump. On the line that feeds the site glass at the top of the column, there's a restrictor valve that adjusts the flow of oil to the top. May just need tweaking. Or the line it feeds has a blockage. See Figure 19 of the manual that I've attached.

I bought my pump from Jim here. https://harigtechsupport.com/index-2.html
I pulled the pump and cleaned it. The line to the sight glass is clear. I was able to suck oil up from the pump, but the pump would not push it up on it's own, even once the tube was full and with the valve feeding the ways closed. I went ahead and ordered a Little Giant that others have used.

Thanks for the manual, I have some pages which were provided by the seller, but not the complete manual.

Glad the manual was of use. Forgot to ask if your 612 is a V & flat way, or rollers? Cable drive table, or rack/gear?

Glad the manual was of use. Forgot to ask if your 612 is a V & flat way, or rollers? Cable drive table, or rack/gear?
I haven't looked, didn't even know they were options. Just got the spindle powered up yesterday.

V & Flat ways, cable drive. No plastic coating on the cable

20240912_142106[1].jpg20240914_114934[1].jpg

Back