Pumice Hand Cleaner

CJ5Dave

Registered
Registered
My gallon pump of creamy Gojo ran out and I went looking for more. Went online, 4 local places, finally settled on the Max product, $11 moe a gallon then the orange pumice. Both the counter guy and I could not find anywhere on the label that it had pumice. Got home, it has pumice just like the other. I guess its OK for cleaning, but if you are washing without water (my shop has none). you have to go to the house to wash the pumice off. If I am doing that I am as well off to use the dish detergent in the sink. Why do good products have to be replaced with pitiful? Looking on the Gojo website, they have cherry and Lavender Gojo, just not plain cream. Guess I need a barrel with faucet to wash up there.

I’ve thought about just keeping a bucket of water in the shop just for rinsing hands in after cleaning. Put a lid on it when not using. The dirt will settle to the bottom, and as long as you just gently swirl your hands will not stir it up after it settles. Change out every couple weeks. Maybe might not get your hands clean enough to pick up finger food with, ( depending on your personal tolerance for hygiene) but should be good enough for clean shop hands.

Maybe even put a bit of vinegar or bleach in the water to keep bacteria from growing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Clorox wipes to clean my hands sometimes. Not supposed to, but they work well.

Sandblaster without gloves?
Just kidding.
But, leftover pandemic hand sanitizer and a paper towel works well.

IMG_7588_Radiant_Photo.jpeg

This is on a shelving unit that is on the way out of the shop: gallon jug with a hand pump from Amazon (I refill out foaming soap dispensers with liquid Dial; labels peel off cleanly and the soap rinses out easily). There’s a roll of paper towels above the jug.

Usually only need a quick pump for enough watrr to rinse my hands.

@CJ5Dave I only buy the pumice kind. I wipe my hands with regular kitchen paper towel and it is fine for me. Each to their own, I guess!!!

I like Dep purple wipes. Around 6 bucks, I get them at Menards a regional builders supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back