Potential Purchase, Need Help Identifying

Yes indeed! Im trying not to get too excited about it since deals like this never quite pan out for me.

Heres a picture of my recently acquired and restored 10f. Just because im proud of it. A before and after. 00a0a_aRY6NOsjpSm_600x450.jpg IMG_20150808_1640011_rewind.jpg

That's the same lathe?

<<spent 2 minutes comparing photos>>

Yes it is! :drool:

Lol...yep. About 3 weeks of cleaning and painting in the evening. It replaced a little Chinese 7x12 that I had for years....man what a difference. Who knew you could cut more than .020" per pass? :)

...snip...Who knew you could cut more than .020" per pass? :)

I still don't. I'm new to this precision stuff.

Up until last month, .020" was just for setting ignition points. And not too much of that anymore...

Taking things apart, cleaning, replacing the worn bits, painting and reassembling an effectively new piece of equipment? That something I've done. And understand the real work involved.

Nice job on your 'old' 10f. Hope the 'new' one winds up just as nice.

The stand looks like the atlas stand if si it alone is worth the $200.

Thanks Mike, and I understand. Im also new to machining, but having a blast. I weld/fabricate for a living.

kd, as far as I can tell it is indeed the orginal legs. Something my personal lathe did not have.

I would agree that the original stand alone is worth $200.

Well it was too good to be true. Called the old man to get his address and he tells me his son decided he wanted it, so he came and picked it up. That sucks. Oh well....

Too bad. Better luck next time. :calm:

Back