Our Friends in Florida....

verbotenwhisky

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Anyone know how our friends in Florida are after the Hurricane? anyone had any contact? Have we already had this come up and I missed it?

@yota might have been outside of the path as it kept moving further south. Guessing the same for @rdean

Ocala was initially in the path as well but as it kept going down, we were spared. My son drove over and stayed with us instead of staying at his dorm in Orlando. My daughter stayed in Orlando and went to our friend's house.

Hopefully the rest will soon chime in that they are well.

Last edited:
We had 50 mile an hour winds and 8" of rain for the period.
The power is still off and probably won't be back on any time soon.
I have a generator so it could be worse.
Very little damage so we are thankful.

Ray

it was a pretty windy night on the gulf coast, probably gusting 70ish at times until about 1:30am. no damage, just a big mess from all the oaks thrashing around. funny that I just spent 3 days raking and burning for hurricane Helene and now I'm doing it all over again, but twice the mess. power went out about 8pm wed and came back on about 3 hours ago. pulled out the Generac, which i haven't run for like 5 years, added fuel and it started 1st pull. kept the fridge cold all day while I was raking. it helped that I had drained all the fuel and run it dry last use. love that thing.

a lot of folks south of Tampa and around Tampa got hammered.

We're in Homosassa, about 3/4 mile east of hwy 19. While wife and I are not in FL at present, daughters and future son in law stayed though. They lost power that evening, was back on before morning. No wind damage, although the east side of the house revealed a leak as some water seeped in at floor level. Very lucky. I understand there was not the flooding like during Helene, in our area

Back