Noisy Atlas 10F

The pulley may be loose on the spindle. There are bronze bushings in the pulley which wear with time.
They can be replaced but of course the spindle must be removed
Ideally you want no more than about 0.0015 inch play

Last edited:
The pulley may be loose on the spindle. There are bronze bushings in the pulley which wear with time.
They can be replaced but of course the spindle must be removed
Ahhhhh... now that makes a lot of sense. explains why (wrongly) nipping up the oil screw quietens it down. I've had a further go and taken out all the lateral play and whilst it's a fraction better, it;s stil noisy. Now where to find those bushings....

They are a standard inch size- you might have difficulty locating in the UK but you could order them from a bearing supplier here in the states
like Bunting Bearings. You need 1.5" ID and I believe 1.75" OD (measure to be certain)
Amazon may carry them? Should be under 10 quid if you buy a single 2" piece and make two bushings out of it

Last edited:
They are a standard inch size- you might have difficulty locating in the UK but you could order them from a bearing supplier here in the states
like Bunting Bearings. You need 1.5" ID and I believe 1.75" OD (measure to be certain)
Amazon may carry them?
thanks. Yeah, always tough to find Atlas parts this side of the pond. Last time I was in NYC I ordered a few parts to bring back :)

Back