New to me toy.

Flyinfool

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Well I went and done it now.
Bought me a new jet.
Yes a real jet with a real jet turbine engine.
It is made by SAB. Yes the same SAB that makes the Goblin series of helicopters. Even part of the same SAB that makes cars and real fighter jets.
This one is called the Lizard. It is a scale model of a fictitious future fighter from the video game Antarctica.
Now to start buying all of the stuff to finish the build.

Yes this is the same one that I posted in the "what did you buy today" thread.
Screenshot 2024-07-10 at 19-25-49 Lizard_1_1024x1024.pn[...].jpg

Buying this was an ordeal. The "deal" took 3 months to complete.
Started with me seeing the add, It only took 3 days for me to complete the deal with the seller and send him the payment.
Then the fun started. Over the next month I got weekly promises that it will ship tomorrow. It was not until I filed a claim with PP after the 4th weekly promise of it shipping tomorrow, that he finally actually shipped it 4 days after I filed the claim. so I decided to wait to see what would show up. I was getting very skeptical of this being a bad scam deal. The seller had 100% positive feedback from the last 5 years.

When the box finally showed up, you could see in the UPS proof of delivery pic of it on my front porch that the top of the box was missing, torn off. I unpacked it very slowly and carefully and was very surprised that the only damage was a couple of very tiny (less than .125 Dia) paint chips in a flat black area so easy to fix.
BUT
There is always a but there was one critical piece that was missing, the part is the whole front half of the fuselage. There was a void in the box right where the box lid was ripped off that was the proper size and shape of the fuselage front. All I could do at that point was to file a claim with UPS. It took several weeks of emails and pics back and forth and UPS agreed that it might be a valid claim.
BUT
Yea another but. Since it was the seller that paid for UPS and fortunately he bought insurance so UPS said it is the seller that must file the claim since he is the one that paid them.
So back to this very unreliable seller to get him to file the claim from his end. Of course he was very slow to do everything with UPS, slow to start the claim, slow to answer all of there emails asking for more info. Finally UPS approved the claim and asked him foe verification of the cost of the replacement part. he summited a $700 claim. In my claim I listed $202.43 which was the actual replacement cost of the part to my door. At this point UPS now denied the claim for $700. He resubmitted a smaller claim that they finally accepted and issued HIM a check. I have no way of knowing how much he actually got from UPS, but he did refund me the $202.43 that I originally asked for.

While all of this was going on, I had checked with every SAB dealer in the USA and many in Europe. No one had this part in stock. I finally went direct to the manufacturer in Italy. They said they had ONE left in stock. I said I'll take it. then they told me they do not actually have it, it is in the warehouse in Vietnam. So the next day I went online and ordered it from Vietnam. The following day I get a email from Nam saying that they sold it about an hour before I placed my order. They said the sold it to a USA dealer. They could not tell me which dealer, against policy. So it was back to calling every dealer in the USA. I finally found the dealer that bought it and they said they ordered it because their website showed a lot of inquiries on that item so they figured they better get one in stock. I asked if it was ordered for a customer or just for stock, they said it was just for stock, so I ordered and paid for it right then over the phone as I now knew this was literally the last one available on planet earth. so it took another 10 days to get from Nam to Indiana and then another 3 days to get from Indiana to me. I finally had a complete airplane in my possession. I was still $200 extra out of pocket on the deal but even with the extra 200 it was still a good deal, just not a great deal. It was another 3 weeks before I finally received the 200 from UPS and the seller and it turned back into a great deal (not counting the 3 months of hard work to get it to all come together).

Last edited:
Holy Moly! Good follow up on this buy. I’ve seen a lot of rc jets but nothing like this. Will wait for future updates/link to maiden flight.

Finally acquired the Jet turbine engine for the airplane posted back in post #13141

The specs on this puppy are;
  • Thrust: 13.26 kg (30 lbs) @ 130,000 RPM
  • Idle Thrust: 0.43 kg (0.94 lbs)
  • RPM Range: 55,000 – 130,000
  • Weight: 1.29 kg (2.84 lbs) with starter
  • Diameter: 99 mm (3.90 in)
  • Length: 227.00 mm (8.94 in) with a starter
  • Exhaust Gas Temperature: 500º C – 700º C (932ª F – 1292ª F)
  • Fuel Consumption: 0.43 lt/min (15.13 oz/min)
Lynx 130.JPG

Back