New accessories for TouchDRO TDA-400/420 adapters

ycroosh

Active User
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Hi folks,
This is what I've been working on for the last few weeks:

20240704_224921.jpg

20240704_224948.jpg

These are level shifters/adapters (from left to right) for Mitutoyo, Shahe, and iGaging Absolute DRO+ scales. There won't be one for iGaging EZ-View scales, though.
The goal for these is to allow people to use a capacitive scale on the quill. Some benchtop mills come with scales with a data port. If not, it's easier to replace the factory scales with another capacitive scale than to convert the head to accept a glass or magnetic DRO scale.

TDA-4xx adapters that shipped after May 15th (with Firmware V3.2) already have support for the SPC and BIN6 protocols. Older adapters will receive an over-the-air update at some point (don't know the ETA yet).

I will have these listed in the store in a couple of weeks.

Regards
Yuriy

Holy crap - that would make things much easier.

The model number suggests these won't work on the current kit, is that correct?

is the igaging absolute dro+ different from the igaging absolute dro?
also i'm confused i thought these types of scales were not really usable?

Will these work with this quill kit? Thanks
View attachment 496097
I don't know. If it uses SPC protocol and has the same pinout as the scale I have in the photo, then yes (but you will need to find a straight 5-conductor Micro-to-Micro USB Cable, which in itself is rare).
In general, iGaging specifications are 100% BS composed of keywords that they think will look good in search results. Origin Absolute Series means nothing. None of their scales are "Absolute" to start with.
You can try emailing them and asking. This is probably your best bet.

Regards
Yuriy

is the igaging absolute dro+ different from the igaging absolute dro?
DRO Plus uses SPC protocol and Micro-USB connector. The old non-Plus scales used mini-USB connector and different protocol.
also i'm confused i thought these types of scales were not really usable?
Sorry that you got confused.

I don't know. If it uses SPC protocol and has the same pinout as the scale I have in the photo, then yes (but you will need to find a straight 5-conductor Micro-to-Micro USB Cable, which in itself is rare).
In general, iGaging specifications are 100% BS composed of keywords that they think will look good in search results. Origin Absolute Series means nothing. None of their scales are "Absolute" to start with.
You can try emailing them and asking. This is probably your best bet.

Regards
Yuriy
It has the micro connector. Not sure what protocol it uses.

I have this on my Bridgeport mill. I have the TDA-420 with glass scales on the X,Y,Z (knee). If this would work in conjunction with knee glass scale for the Z axis? I'm very interested. If you would like to beta test it on me, I'm willing. I'm willing to pay for it too. Seems like a bunch of mills have this setup on the quill. Thanks Rob

Called igage and sounds like it does have the SPC protocol

Back