Need some parts for a new to me old drill press

seanb

Registered
Registered
drill press FB.jpg
So far I need a table and the rack the table runs up and down on.

It looks like a Delta drill press

Im looking for a rectangular table like this
table.png

Or a large round one, doesnt have to be delta. I can even adapt a lathe face plate.

Let me know if anyone has something that will work

Would this work? I've been 'kinda' looking for a replacement table for my drill press, a china press with a maybe 12" diameter slotted table. Something with "T" slots would be nice, not found anything though. I've thought about getting one of these (link following). OK, I know it cheap china junk, but so is my drill press. For as much as I use my drill press, this would probably suffice. https://www.vevor.com/rotary-table-...slide-bench-drill-vise-fixture-p_010230619047

you have a Delta 17" industrial drill press. one of the best drill presses of that era. it appears to be in rough condition but could be restored with some time and elbow grease. it looks like it has a big dent in the column?

the table in your 2nd photo was one of several table options for that machine, it is called a production table and has a coolant gutter with drain. mine has that table. it was the most expensive table option at the time and is still so on ebay today.

the best way to find an original table is to search ebay. search "Delta 17" drill press" but you will find more parts by searching "Delta DP600". DP600 is the casting number on the head of that model. people think it is the model number and use it to list parts. the actual model number can be confusing, as they varied according to what options came on the machine.

here's mine, a 1946 model.

PXL_20240418_155651073.MP.jpg

Would this work? I've been 'kinda' looking for a replacement table for my drill press, a china press with a maybe 12" diameter slotted table. Something with "T" slots would be nice, not found anything though. I've thought about getting one of these (link following). OK, I know it cheap china junk, but so is my drill press. For as much as I use my drill press, this would probably suffice. https://www.vevor.com/rotary-table-...slide-bench-drill-vise-fixture-p_010230619047
yuk, these are so junky.

Thanks guys, the dent is actually a paint smear
I thought that table was just some redneck “improvement”. I may just make a table and sell the other one. I have a surface grinder now so I could get the table pretty smooth.

OWWM is a good idea. I just looked in the classifieds, didn't see a table but one guy has the down feed handle hub and the 3 handles which it seems are also missing. 45.00 for all.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, the dent is actually a paint smear
I thought that table was just some redneck “improvement”. I may just make a table and sell the other one. I have a surface grinder now so I could get the table pretty smooth.
I don't see a table in your pic, looks like a piece of white plastic with a big square hole cut in it. you could fasten a steel plate to that though.

Back