MT1 collets and tooling wanted.

All Industrial Tool Supply in Southern California has some MT1 tooling. They do show an MT1 to 3/8"-24.

They are a company I have used quite a few times as they have name brands as well as decent quality import stuff.
If I had seen that collet set for that price earlier I might have jumped on it.

I have since bought an er25 collet nose for the mill, I just have to work on mounting it.

I should really try and finish one project before starting four other’s someday.

Reached again and saw it as part of a kit:
View attachment 504430
Threaded for a 1/4-20 drawbar already, so could be just what @RaisedByWolves is looking for!

Yes Sherline's site can be a challenge to find things as items like the MT1 to 3/8"-24 are available alone, but they are listed as a replacement part for the drill chuck. Some items you have to know it exists to find it, because good luck just running across it.

This even applies to machines. Sherline offers a horizontal milling machine (uses a different base plate), but if you were not specifically looking for it you would be unlikely to just run across it.

On the plus side they do answer their emails, so when it doubt you can always send an email and ask.

For the MT stuff specifically it is helpful to know their search does not recognize MT0, MT1, they are listed as Morse #0 or Morse #1. In this case they were probably trying to make the search more useful since searches tend to have issues with very short 2-3 letter entries, but MT is such a common abbreviation who thinks to spell it out as Morse.

If I had seen that collet set for that price earlier I might have jumped on it.

I have since bought an er25 collet nose for the mill, I just have to work on mounting it.

I should really try and finish one project before starting four other’s someday.

Good luck with that. If you find the secret to one project at a time please share. :)

Last edited:
Back