Lathe Cutting tool Wall Chart

I just ordered a set of these from Clausing and they arrived today. They are nicely printed on heavy stock paper and shipped rolled up in a tube. Cost was 14.75 plus shipping, item number is 6608.

The threading charts and tool bit charts are very handy. There's also a chart showing the parts of a lathe (shows a Clausing lathe, not an Atlas) and a chart of decimal/fraction equivalents.

There was a pair of two original charts that just sold on ebay for around $50 (older ones, printed on blueprint paper). That makes these seem like a bargain.

What size is the charts and how much for shipping. Sounds like a bargin.

A quick measure, shows 22" high by 16 1/2" tall. I did not mike the thickness though!
Pierre

A quick measure, shows 22" high by 16 1/2" tall. I did not mike the thickness though!
Pierre

That sounds about right. The shipping was $7.45, if I recall. I was already ordering a couple of parts for my Atlas milling machine, so I didn't really worry about the shipping.

For cutting speeds, feed speeds, tooling and most anything you want/need to know refer to the Bible of machining and find yourself a copy of the "Machinery's Handbook" (still in print). I have a 21st Edition that I refer to from time to time. It has more information than you'll ever need or use unless you're the head engineer of a manufacturing plant that makes widgets. It really makes me feel inadequate...just thinking about how smart "real machinists" were and when things were done before digital measurement, computers and CNC.

:whiteflag:

I took the liberty of copying the image and cleaning it up a bit. I have attached the cleaned up image in both jpg and PDF formats. Any chance of getting a higher resolution scan of this page?

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a related question: It looks to me like the tools in the chart are being held in a lantern type tool holder, so that the cutting tool is held at an angle. What modifications, if any, need to be made when using the cutting tools in a QCTP or similar which holds the tool at a 90 degree angle to the work?

View attachment 63215
Thanks for doing that!
I was going to try and blow up the chart after cutting in half horizontally then print it out on 2 sheets of paper and laminate them to put on the wall.
I wonder what a print shop would charge to make a nice bigger wall size chart.

Thanks for doing that!
I was going to try and blow up the chart after cutting in half horizontally then print it out on 2 sheets of paper and laminate them to put on the wall.
I wonder what a print shop would charge to make a nice bigger wall size chart.
I tried calling Kinko's, but I couldn't get through...

Back