KB58's Power Drawbar - Electric

Good news: It's done, and son of a gun, it works! The levers allow adjusting speed independent of the wrench's vertical position, solving the previous problem. Though still a prototype, it's completely functional and will be used as-is for a while, long enough to assess whether any changes are needed - or not.

The question is: should a YT video be made showing how it works, enough that others can make one? Thing is, unless the exact model impact wrench is used, none of the 3D-printed parts will be useful. I guess a general overview could be helpful for those wanting to use a different impact wrench. Meh, we'll see; I'm realistic enough to know that the total audience interested in something like this is really tiny.

1722021359036.png

1722021392333.png

-----

This completes the original build thread. In the months since completion, it's proven to work well, though the shortcomings of PLA material are becoming evident. Over time, the material seems to "cold-flow" somewhat, where a constant pressure will slowly distort the original shape. The temporary tongue depressor spacer at top had to be adjusted, meaning that things had shifted slightly. Some more work will be needed, either going with different 3D filament, or refabricating key parts in aluminum.

Nice build. I was researching electric drawbars recently and didn't find much. Nothing out there is as detailed as this post. I recommend uploading the 3D printed parts to thingaverse or thangs.

Back