Internet Search Engines - Alternatives to Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcnc

Admin
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Go right to the source, avoid sharing your information through Google. I'll keep adding more as I find them. PM me if you have suggestions.

Arts, Music and Literature
Open Library - One web page for every book ever published.
Project Gutenberg - To encourage the creation and distribution of eBooks.
Internet Archive - Non-profit library of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more.
Wayback Machine - The internet archive search engine for web pages.
CWU; Central Washington University - a guide to finding legally reusable images and sounds - with links to databases, repositories and searchable collections.

Science, Education and Reference
RefSeek - Search more than five billion documents, including web pages, books, encyclopedias, journals, and newspapers.
WorldCat - By connecting thousands of libraries’ collections in one place, WorldCat.org makes it easy for you to browse the world’s libraries from one search box.
SpringerLink - access to more than 10 million scientific documents: books, articles, research protocols.
Bioline International - is a library of scientific bioscience journals published in developing countries.
EconPapers - provides access to RePEc, the world's largest collection of on-line Economics working papers, journal articles and software.
Science.gov - is a search engine providing access to scientific research from US Federal Agencies.
BASE - one of the world's most voluminous search engines especially for academic web resources. BASE provides more than 340 million documents from more than 11,000 content providers. You can access the full texts of about 60% of the indexed documents for free (Open Access).

Used Machinery Searches
Surplus Record - 100's of thousands of new and used machines for sale in North America.
Machine Seeker - 100's of thousands of new and used machines for sale mostly in Europe.

Private Search Engines
Mojeek - private with no tracking. Search results are based on their own web indexing crawler, no Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, or Yahoo indexing is allowed into your search results.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back