How Many Have a Working Quill Feed?

The Bridgeport specs say it is supposed to have 200 lb of down force to be set correctly. That should drill a hole.
Yes, I have seen a bunch of videos. Not that big a deal to tear down, but it is not under my shop crane and I will have to think about how to get the head off. Also some pricy parts. When something else breaks I will take it off.

On my Tree 2UVR the quill feed does not work, I really wish it did. Mine is just a bad V belt. Sounds simple until you get to the part that you have to remove and split the head And remove all of the gears to be able to pull the shaft that runs through the center of the belt, to get the belt on or off.

If I had it working I would use it for boring. It is to slow and cumbersome to set up for drilling.

On my Tree 2UVR the quill feed does not work, I really wish it did. Mine is just a bad V belt. Sounds simple until you get to the part that you have to remove and split the head And remove all of the gears to be able to pull the shaft that runs through the center of the belt, to get the belt on or off.

If I had it working I would use it for boring. It is to slow and cumbersome to set up for drilling.
Would a link belt make the replacement any easier?

GsT

"The power down-feed is for boring only, not for drilling"
I've heard that too but I have drilled with it successfully a few times...

My Acer 3VKH broke a spring a couple of years back and I took the whole ass. apart after watching a H&W YouTube video. It not that difficult but patience and take pictures as you go and you're figure it out.

"The power down-feed is for boring only, not for drilling"
I've heard that too but I have drilled with it successfully a few times...
I drill with mine all the time but I don't go over 1/2 inch. Use correct speed and slow setting. Just watch the chips as they come off. I also have a Jayco automatics drill head. It make lots of holes real quick. LOL

Back