HF 9x20

CJL

Registered
Registered
Hey guys.
My little HF 9 x 20 was crashed, (free = broken) lol
I replaced the Pinion and I am looking for the rack. I believe it is the same as the other Chinesium lathes.
I'm only finding them discontinued and out of stock.
Not sure how to measure it to order an aftermarket, or replacement from McMaster Car
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

I have seen little machine shop.com, have not contacted them yet, I did get my Pinion from a jet 9x20, but the rack was discontinued.
I will check out the Grizzly
Thank you guys!

I have some pieces of a 9x20. Post pics of what you’re looking for? I might have the parts.
The original 9x20s were made by sieg out of Taiwan. But they were copied later by others. I have a busy bee one from Canada and parts of an another. They are a basic machine and free means a great value. There is a booklet on mods to make them decent. In contemporary terms they are not really worth buying new, as to why they have been discontinued and are no longer for sale. But they are still a decent budget lathe.
The grizzly manual and the parts break down are likely very close or on par to your lathe.

Sorry should have read further in the thread, saw you already sourced the parts.

Last edited:
I have some pieces of a 9x20. Post pics of what you’re looking for? I might have the parts.
The original 9x20s were made by sieg out of Taiwan. But they were copied later by others. I have a busy bee one from Canada and parts of an another. They are a basic machine and free means a great value. There is a booklet on mods to make them decent. In contemporary terms they are not really worth buying new, as to why they have been discontinued and are no longer for sale. But they are still a decent budget lathe.
The grizzly manual and the parts break down are likely very close or on par to your lathe.

Sorry should have read further in the thread, saw you already sourced the parts.
Thank you for the offer! I am sure I will find some other gremlins hiding around once I get it running!

Back