Fornicating fire ants evicted

They are not a native species here in the USA they come from South America. Very invasive . I've heard they will hitch a ride on pallets of goods and ride the freight ships. I know when I was living in Mexico anything that was imported into Mexico must be on pallets that had been heat treated to kill any and all insects and eggs. As far as the electricity is concerned, they will invade electrical devices that are not powered on.
Actually, researchers have found that fire ants are attracted to the electricity. They will definitely go into live boxes. We have that happen all the time, especially on water wells.

Actually, researchers have found that fire ants are attracted to the electricity. They will definitely go into live boxes. We have that happen all the time, especially on water wells.
Yes I had to drive 80 miles one time to fix the pump on my sons water well. He was out of town and his wife and kids were without water. The pressure switch on the pump motor was full of ants. I cleaned out the ants sprayed the area with insecticide and no problem in over 20 years.

Back