IMG_0254.jpeg
    818 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0253.jpeg
    IMG_0253.jpeg
    851.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0252.jpeg
    IMG_0252.jpeg
    990.5 KB · Views: 11
Looks well appointed, $5k would be at the top of what I'd pay but not sure how that works out in your area or for your needs.

If it's not straight up worn out or busted it's likely to be all the lathe you'll ever need.

On the negative side, if anything breaks you'll be on your own to make or repair whatever is needed. If you decide to get it you should realize that you'll become the expert on it and possibly will need to borrow another lathe to repair stuff at some point.

I personally like quirky old machines and would probably go for it, but would definitely would be looking for a better deal. Machines of this size are a little bigger than most hobbyists are looking for, and a commercial shop wouldn't likely be wanting an older (orphaned) make.

If you're going to get anywhere near the asking price I'd highly recommend bringing an experienced machinist along to check it out and make sure everything is as it should be.

JOhn

Looks well appointed, $5k would be at the top of what I'd pay but not sure how that works out in your area or for your needs.

If it's not straight up worn out or busted it's likely to be all the lathe you'll ever need.

On the negative side, if anything breaks you'll be on your own to make or repair whatever is needed. If you decide to get it you should realize that you'll become the expert on it and possibly will need to borrow another lathe to repair stuff at some point.

I personally like quirky old machines and would probably go for it, but would definitely would be looking for a better deal. Machines of this size are a little bigger than most hobbyists are looking for, and a commercial shop wouldn't likely be wanting an older (orphaned) make.

If you're going to get anywhere near the asking price I'd highly recommend bringing an experienced machinist along to check it out and make sure everything is as it should be.

JOhn

Back