Foradia Lathe

Foradia seems to be a Spanish co. with a presence in China too. Their main machine tools are radial arm drills. This appears to be a brief run at the lathe market? Looks to be very nice lathe but very obscure.

Possibly. I’m new to machining, but it seems to me the rails end a greater distance from the spindle than I’ve seen on other gap head lathes I’ve seen. I wonder if this would be an issue?

Possibly. I’m new to machining, but it seems to me the rails end a greater distance from the spindle than I’ve seen on other gap head lathes I’ve seen. I wonder if this would be an issue?
The gap appears to be a design copy of the Graziano lathes. The tail stock rides on an upper set of ways and the carriage rides on a lower set of ways thus providing what Graziano terms a "natural gap". It's a very nice system. Actually, there are other similarities to the Graziano lathes on this lathe. May be a very good machine.
Ted

The gap appears to be a design copy of the Graziano lathes. The tail stock rides on an upper set of ways and the carriage rides on a lower set of ways thus providing what Graziano terms a "natural gap". It's a very nice system. Actually, there are other similarities to the Graziano lathes on this lathe. May be a very good machine.
Ted
I see that now. Good eye! Thanks

I'd get it if the price is right and it was under power so I could check it out.

What are they asking?

John

Back