First post. Hello

Welcome to the working side of the hobby TonyBen. I've enjoyed your videos on M1A's - [I'm guessing same person].

Hope to see you progress and enjoy these new acquisitions.....
Yup! That's me! Good seeing you here too. I'm curious to see who else I'll recognize here. Ironworker, perhaps?

Tony.

Welcome Tony!

I too worked on helicopters in the Corps. I ran the day-desk in the avionics shop for HMH-363 (CH-53 Deltas) when they were stationed at Tustin. I'm long gone, got thrown out because I couldn't run anymore, and the Tustin and El Toro bases are a memory. Yea, I'm dating myself here a bit.

Welcome Tony!

I too worked on helicopters in the Corps. I ran the day-desk in the avionics shop for HMH-363 (CH-53 Deltas) when they were stationed at Tustin. I'm long gone, got thrown out because I couldn't run anymore, and the Tustin and El Toro bases are a memory. Yea, I'm dating myself here a bit.
No kiddin! I was stationed in Tustin! I was with HMH-466 Avionics from around 1993 to 1997 and went out on the 15th and 13th MEU with HMM-166 & HMM-163. Eventually re-up'd and transferred to HMH-769.

That was my last duty station. Got out in '81.

They were just starting up the first CH-53 E training squadron when I left.

Welcome Tony,
Glad to see you made it over here, this forum is much friendlier towards hobby class machines and basic questions.
As I suggested over on the other site, check that the jaws on your 3-jaw are in the right sequence. .050 runout is a lot, even for a heavily used chuck, but installing them in the wrong order can do that.

Back