Emco lathe

If I was in your part of the world and wanted a hobby lathe, I'd spend the night in the truck, in his driveway.
If it's for real, it will evaporate in a wink.

I sent an email. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can be assured that it weighs over what he states ! :grin:
You can say that again. The Maximat V10 I just moved was over 400lbs with the table and this EMCO looks handedly larger.

You can say that again. The Maximat V10 I just moved was over 400lbs with the table and this EMCO looks handedly larger.

I found some data on the super 11.

It looks like this is the Standard Maximat Super 11. If it is, the stand weighs 161 lbs, the lathe weighs 375 lbs, and the mill/drill attachment weighs 95 lbs.

Based on the federates listed on the front it is the inch version of the machine

I found some data on the super 11.

It looks like this is the Standard Maximat Super 11. If it is, the stand weighs 161 lbs, the lathe weighs 375 lbs, and the mill/drill attachment weighs 95 lbs.

Based on the federates listed on the front it is the inch version of the machine

No vertical milling head on the one you found? Don't see it in the pictures.

That is, in fact, a Super 11. It has a D1-4 camlock spindle, the rare backwards tailstock and the even rarer key in the cabinet lock. The thread dial indicator is there (a bit unusual looking; the OEM thread dial indicator has three gears) but no carriage stop. Its a bit rusty but that should clean up just fine. The ways are induction-hardened so unless this lathe was used in a production shop it should be okay.

The lathe, without the milling attachment, weighs over 500#. If he has the milling attachment, grab it!

This lathe, with the milling attachment, will typically list for about 5K. If he is serious about the $350.00, get there fast.

That is, in fact, a Super 11. It has a D1-4 camlock spindle, the rare backwards tailstock and the even rarer key in the cabinet lock. The thread dial indicator is there (a bit unusual looking; the OEM thread dial indicator has three gears) but no carriage stop. Its a bit rusty but that should clean up just fine. The ways are induction-hardened so unless this lathe was used in a production shop it should be okay.

The lathe, without the milling attachment, weighs over 500#. If he has the milling attachment, grab it!

This lathe, with the milling attachment, will typically list for about 5K. If he is serious about the $350.00, get there fast.

Thanks

I sent an email (the only means of contact in the add). We will see if I get an answer. It is only 7 miles from my house.

I placed an order for a PM-1236 on Friday. So, I may go from never having had a metal lathe to having 2 if this one works out.

Good luck, George. The Super 11 was one of the finest lathes in its class. If you can get it for anywhere near what he is asking you will have paid less for the entire machine than just a steady rest costs. Trust me; a PM lathe is not in the same class as this machine is.

Good luck, George. The Super 11 was one of the finest lathes in its class. If you can get it for anywhere near what he is asking you will have paid less for the entire machine than just a steady rest costs. Trust me; a PM lathe is not in the same class as this machine is.
I agree with @mikey . I had the Emco Maximat V10 for about 10 years with the milling head - super nice small lathe. Emco made (or makes) great stuff. Stefan Gotteswinter just upgraded to the Emco 11 - you can see info on it here.

I suspect that emco 11 is far superior to any chinese brand new lathe in the same size class..I hope you get it. I got its Daddy ,the v13 and its a fine lathe

Back