Clausing model 5907

I'm on hold now for a couple of weeks. Thos last Friday I had a heart attack and will be meeting with my cardiologist tomorrow to talk about a pacemaker.

I'm on hold now for a couple of weeks. Thos last Friday I had a heart attack and will be meeting with my cardiologist tomorrow to talk about a pacemaker.

I just want to offer some good karma towards a speedy recovery. Hope you feel better real soon, so you can get back to doing what you love!

I'm doing pretty good. I won't be able to raise my lft arm above my shoulder for at least 2 more weeks. Tomorrow is week 2.
I'm still making progress slowly. My cross slide was beat and Clausing has new ones in stock. 247. It looked really nice when I un packed it. Then issues. Every single taped hole had to be cleaned out and have a tap ran through them. The gib screw holes had to be Dug out, sprayed with brake cleaner and dug out again. It took a full can of cleaner to blow the chips and hardened coolant out. The the hole for the cross feed screw was machined nice except undersized. So I'm using a 1 inch ball hone to get a good fit up.
Also drilling the cross slide for 2 flush oilers.
And the oiler chain Clausing shipped was too short. So I purchased 100ft of stainless ball chain and the special pliers to make chains up.

Attachments

• 20240723_131446.jpg
    20240723_131446.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240723_184905.jpg
    20240723_184905.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 7
I guess I'm a survivor
Pacemaker installed july 10
Still not doing much.with my lathe. But I'm ok. We do not have central air or even swamp coolers
So this current heat wave is kicking my butt.

I guess I'm a survivor
Pacemaker installed july 10
Still not doing much.with my lathe. But I'm ok. We do not have central air or even swamp coolers
So this current heat wave is kicking my butt.

I hear you Mike. Good news is come Wednesday we will be in the low 80’s to mid 70’s by week end. We need to hold on for just 2 more days.

Cutting oil is my blood.

I had to go into Oxnard this morning and it is cooler thank god. 109 I can't take.

Back