Cheap but better socket organizers for your tool chest

I agree that snap-in rails take up a minimum of space. My only problem with them is that you can't just pick one up. You have to hold the rail down with one hand and pull the socket up with the other. Sometimes you have to use a screwdriver to pry them off.
I agree, that can be a little irritating at times. You could just screw them down to the drawer if you are not worried about mobility. However on the other hand, I like how I can grab one socket and the whole rail comes with to take the set to where I am working. Saves trips back and forth from the work. Unfortunately some clips hold better than others. Sometimes I want to grab the whole rail and the socket comes off. Also, I like how I can modify the configuration easily and quickly, adding new sizes. You just gotta do what works for yeah. Sometimes there just isn't a perfect solution.

The sockets and ratchets take up 5 drawers of a Vidmar . This isn't including the 10 sets that are in the original cases . I gave up on the rails long ago . I need to put the dividers into the drawers and get these sockets sorted by size one day . Have plenty of the plastic things but they take way too much space .

Back