Boss just handed me a print.

Design/Decide by committee is the downfall of modern business.
I’ve often said this and even brought it up on a teams meeting.

That didn’t go over well as the project failed a little in the vein I said it would.

The problem with this process is no one succeeds or fails as it’s presumed everyone agrees on the decision when some may see the pitfalls and be afraid to speak up.

I speak up too much, probably why I’m not management after 38yrs of service, but desk/shirt life would kill me.

As a rather experienced engineer, I see committees of laymen managers override the subject matter experts regularly, or simply ignore them entirely. Then wonder why things don’t work out well. I also point these activities out and am happy to say “ I told you I’d would go sideways “. Then I have to go fix it. It is wearing very thin. Retirement is near

This print should be fine if you have the correct tap and die...

I speak up too much, probably why I’m not management after 38yrs of service, but desk/shirt life would kill me.
Sounds familiar , and why I got out of machining for a living . I sat at a desk for a little over a year and hated it . :rolleyes:

Give it to an apprentice, they don't know you can't make it!

Richard

I’ve often said this and even brought it up on a teams meeting.

That didn’t go over well as the project failed a little in the vein I said it would.

The problem with this process is no one succeeds or fails as it’s presumed everyone agrees on the decision when some may see the pitfalls and be afraid to speak up.

Design committees were the beginning of the touchy feely folks, they intended to remove the responsibility from the individual so no one person could take credit nor be blamed, feelings preserved... This is for people who want the pay and the title but not the job.

Grind to size,
Beat to fit,
Paint to match....

Design committees were the beginning of the touchy feely folks, they intended to remove the responsibility from the individual so no one person could take credit nor be blamed, feelings preserved... This is for people who want the pay and the title but not the job.

Grind to size,
Beat to fit,
Paint to match....

Hey hey hey…..

Paint to match is how I learned to weld.

Back