Bosch Miter Saw modifications

Woodchucker, I am new to this site hoping for some help. So, I'm not sure of the process. I also have CM10GD, my problem is the other day I was cutting some wood, and the saw suddenly went from full speed to what seemed like half speed, I looked up and smoke was coming out of the motor vent. I stopped and unplugged the saw. I pulled the motor brushes for inspection, a little worn but OK. I used an airline to clean out any dush and reassembled the brushes. When I tried the saw again with no load it would not cume up to full speed. I tried searching the web for any hints to why, but nothing on topic, this site did come up so here I am. Any help would be great. I did contact Bosch and their response was to ship the saw back to them for repairs.
No clue. How old is the saw?
That's a lot of money to ship back. I have a Bosch service center about an hour from me. I had to get my routers magnesium jugs replaced with aluminum, the mag was oxidizing and preventing smooth movement. Took about a week I think.
Check to see if you have one in a reasonable distance.

No clue. How old is the saw?
That's a lot of money to ship back. I have a Bosch service center about an hour from me. I had to get my routers magnesium jugs replaced with aluminum, the mag was oxidizing and preventing smooth movement. Took about a week I think.
Check to see if you have one in a reasonable distance.
5+ years and I'll ckeck on service locations. Thank you

Back