Blow-back pistol bolt

Spokerider

Registered
Registered
How are.......
Blow-back pistol bolts secured into its' pistol slide?
Silver soldered? Tig welded? As a guess, I am thinking silver solder is likely what is used?

Looking inside the slides on multiple small caliber pistols, I am thinking that the bolts are machined as a separate pieces, and then secured into the inner, machined slide.

What would the required process be, to re and re a bolt from a slide?

Would the steel temper of either the slide or bolt be affected with the application of heat, with performing a bolt re and re?

This may be an up coming pistol project, depending upon its' complexity, or not.

Thanks for your smithing thoughts.

I've seen a lot of pistols, but never one that had a reciprocating slide AND a bolt. Is there a specific model you're looking at?

GsT

Hummmm
Maybe "breech block" would be a better term to describe the hunk of machined metal that is inside the slide.

Armi Galesi Brescia model 9

I'm not familiar with the Galesi - except for the 10 minute online (scant) education I just got. I was unable to find any details about the slide.

I'm speculating, but if there's a soldered-in breech block it seems unlikely that returning it to soldering temperatures would anneal it. If you get the opportunity, I'd love to see some pictures of the arrangement.

GsT

I have an Armi 22 revolver. It is a Colt single action copy. Really fun to shoot, but about once a year all the parts fall out in the driveway and I order more parts from Numrich Arms and fix it.

Back