Anyone recognize these shims?

Not sure where you get that idea...

I saw a fair few of this size as well as larger and, believe it or not, smaller sized (dimension wise) shims used during my "work experience" (many-a-year-ago now) at a body shop (also crash repair centre). They used these things like they were going out of fashion.

Shoot me a link to a 1/2" x 1" body shim. Thanks.

Everyone is skipping over the size requirement. They need to fit in a precises space. I'm specifically looking for 1/2" x 1"
Unfortunately the machinery shims are pretty standard and I assume that is what you are looking for, fine adjustment, thicknesses: 0.001", 0.003", 0.005", 0.010", 0.015", 0.020", 0.025", and 0.075". You can cut them down as it appears was done with the one in your photo; or, you can buy "shim stock" and cut your own which I have done also. Link included...

I have and use these when necessary . Not 1" x 1/2" so no help .
1729625065978.png

Unfortunately the machinery shims are pretty standard and I assume that is what you are looking for, fine adjustment, thicknesses: 0.001", 0.003", 0.005", 0.010", 0.015", 0.020", 0.025", and 0.075". You can cut them down as it appears was done with the one in your photo; or, you can buy "shim stock" and cut your own which I have done also. Link included...
I've been cutting out shims for 25 years. The company that produces the machines buys the shims from someone, but i cannot figure out where. They stopped using them in their machines many years ago, but i get stuck working on old machines.

That is a great idea especially if you use copper or brass shim stock.
I cut out plastic shims for a long time. That was back when I was working on that brand of machine often. Now I work on a few a year.

Each time I work on one of these machines I steal as many of the shims as I can and save them

Back