Anyone know where to buy this thin accordial way cover?

RaisedByWolves

Mangler of grammar, off my meds.
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Anyone have a line on this foldable accordion style way cover in bulk, or linear foot?

Its used on the sherline mill but I want it for a small lathe and they pieces Im finding are too short.

Translucent thin plastic that you fold to fit.

1725585208512.png

ebay , amazon. Does it have to be blue and clear, because all I've seen are black.
I was going to , but sticking with my leather as it doesn't collect chips as much as those do.

ebay , amazon. Does it have to be blue and clear, because all I've seen are black.
I was going to , but sticking with my leather as it doesn't collect chips as much as those do.
Struck out on the big 4 sites.

Found similar but only in heavy cloth or canvas and I don’t want anything that heavy.

Video of product.

Have you emailed Sherline customer service? I've found them very helpful.

They will occassionally do custom orders or sell partially finished parts for custom uses. It can't hurt to see if they would sell you a custom sized way cover.

The black accordions are chip magnets, just cleaned my again last night. Keeping chips out of them and the T slots is on my todo list.

Have you emailed Sherline customer service? I've found them very helpful.

They will occassionally do custom orders or sell partially finished parts for custom uses. It can't hurt to see if they would sell you a custom sized way cover.

I checked their site for this and their out of stock and I’m not sure but the comments section on YT videos about this say it’s been quite a while since they have sold any.

The black accordions are chip magnets, just cleaned my again last night. Keeping chips out of them and the T slots is on my todo list.

I shortened my mill way covers a considerable amount to help deal with this. Now if I run the travel in one or the other directions the pleats open up more so the vacuum can do its thing.

I like the idea of these flimsy ones for the lathe in case a chip ball grabs it there will be less mass flinging up into my face.

Mostly though I would have them on magnets for when working with abrasive substances.

I shortened my mill way covers a considerable amount to help deal with this. Now if I run the travel in one or the other directions the pleats open up more so the vacuum can do its thing.

I like the idea of these flimsy ones for the lathe in case a chip ball grabs it there will be less mass flinging up into my face.

Mostly though I would have them on magnets for when working with abrasive substances.
You know what's cheap and indestructible? Commercial kitchen cutting board material. I purchased several thin sheets of 1/8th inch thick at Tap Plastics and have been using them as chip/coolant guards to contain the mess. When I get around to it I'll cut some to cover the table and T slots profiled to my vises.

I have one on my Sherline mill. The way they have it set up it is very easy to remove for cleaning.

I wonder if they are going to discontinue or change the way covers. Seems like they have a habit of leaving things in the catalog long after it has been dropped.

Back