Air Tool Grease Guns..which?

EmilioG

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I just bought a new Snap On PT110a angle die grinder, pneumatic, and it has a small
grease fitting at the head. What model grease gun do I use?
Snap On said that the gun they have doesn't fit my die grinder.
They don't have anything else and they haven't been much help after 5 emails!

Does anyone know which type, size, fitting I need to get?
Ebay has a DotCo/Cleco tool but I'm not sure if it will fit.
I have tool oil and ultraLube.
Now I need a gun. The opening is small with a tiny ball that plunges in to accept grease.
Thanks

That fitting is called a "Zerk" fitting. They come in multiple sizes, you could always thread a larger or smaller one in that WILL fit you gun. You can find them cheap are HF.

It is a type of zerk fitting but it's different than the ones commonly found on cars & trucks. I have a few of the ones below. I have one filled with Mobil SHC-32 grease & is what I use for my air tools (impacts, ratchets, & die grinders). They're all IR tools though.

The first one I bought from my Snap On dealer. My others I bought from HF but it looks like they don't sell them anymore, well at least not my local HF. Not on their website anymore either but other places sell it.

31M-gtcDhgL._SY300_.jpg

IR sells this:
4171RWMSWWL._SX300_.jpg

Can you post a pic? Pretty much all the air tools I have used (various brands) all had zerk fittings that my mini grease gun worked with.

31M-gtcDhgL._SY300_.jpg

4171RWMSWWL._SX300_.jpg

31M-gtcDhgL._SY300_.jpg

4171RWMSWWL._SX300_.jpg

31M-gtcDhgL._SY300_.jpg

4171RWMSWWL._SX300_.jpg

The last photo of the IR kit comes in 3 different versions. Its not clear which one will fit. Does Snap on still sell a grease gun for mini air angle die grinders? I also read that the HF guns are not well made.

No idea, I don't have contact with my tool truck dealers anymore. I bought the ones from HF years ago, I have 2 of them & both work great, no different from the one I got from Snap On. The only difference between my HF ones & my SO one is the push button, the HF ones are screwed on, the SO is permanenty riveted. Other than that they look the same, tips are the same size.

i have a grease gun tip that resembles a safety type air blow nozzle. it has a tapered rubber tip and and tiny hole in the end for just this purpose when using a standard grease gun. it may have come from Lincoln Lube Accessories, or Alemite.

Does anyone have a link for that little grease can pictured above. I'd like to get one, but I have no idea where to get it.

The grease gun from snap on will fit it. I have the snap on gun and it greases all my die grinders and air ratchets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought a new Snap On PT110a angle die grinder, pneumatic, and it has a small
grease fitting at the head. What model grease gun do I use?
Snap On said that the gun they have doesn't fit my die grinder.
They don't have anything else and they haven't been much help after 5 emails!

Does anyone know which type, size, fitting I need to get?
Ebay has a DotCo/Cleco tool but I'm not sure if it will fit.
I have tool oil and ultraLube.
Now I need a gun. The opening is small with a tiny ball that plunges in to accept grease.
Thanks

Hello,
you can buy the needle tips for a standard grease gun form many of the box stores or tool trucks, like this below
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ01B7zJfEOLlpptQ6a1BTo4Xce8dGIu_LZnxHjBZYKZbs0ZCG9.jpg
they work perfectly and are cheap to buy.
i hope the info helps out.
mike:))

Back