Zundapp 4 stroke

chatter chatter cut cut

Registered
Registered
I once owned a 1959 500 cc zundapp 4 stroke twin with earles forks and very deep fenders. they also made one that was flat twin , identical except for the engines.anyone seen one of these lately? I have googled this and searched on u tube. it's like it never existed. aparently it was actually built by Horex moters. there flying H was stamped on many internal parts. the top end over head cam and rockers look like a fine watch.

My first motorcycle was a 50's model Zundapp 200 cc 2 stroke. I spent way more tine fixing it that riding it.

I had a 250. Simple but 'some service required'!
Aaron

almost exactly like that. dropped a needle on one carb one night .and siezed one cyl. couldn't find parts so found norton high compression pistons had the valve cutouts milled to match original. bored the piston pin holes bigger to fit and made aluminum caps for the pins. milled the top of cylinder heads .080 and bored cylinders to fit the pistons and recut cam keyway to get cam back on time. it was a real runner . wasted a 2 stroke that was advertised as the fastest production bike ever built . it would run from stop to 80mph and stop in one city block.

Bring a Trailer has offered a few Zundapps over the years.
One recently but not sure if similar to yours:
1631363735888.png

Back