Zip Guns Of The World

Besides danger and illegal-ness aside, it's interesting how people can make somewhat intricate mechanisms using crude tools and techniques. I'd be interested in knowing what tools were used in each firearm.

Even uncle Sam stamped out some sheet metal gun s in WWII:

M1942_liberator.jpg

Fp45 liberator was the name.

Air dropped them in bucket loads to the French resistance IIRC......

Even uncle Sam stamped out some sheet metal gun s in WWII:

M1942_liberator.jpg

Fp45 liberator was the name.

Air dropped them in bucket loads to the French resistance IIRC......

Held a few bullets in a compartment in the grip. It was the "Gun to get a gun."

I'm sure you weren't, Bill.....but lesser statements have served as can openers to the subject and what I said was in the way of a warning to any who might want to turn this whole thread into such a discussion. Gun threads are usually asking for it, particularly those discussing legalities. A lot of facts are used in political discussion, some true, some not so much. Using facts does not justify violating our policy. It's simple....NO POLITICS. and no discussion of Forum policy. If you have issues with this, PM me and we can go further. As much as needed to come to an understanding.

Incredible that some of those things actually can fire,and not blow up in the user's face!

Did you notice that several of those pistols made in INDIA used high powered rifle ammo! Talk about wrist breakers. I guess with their short barrels most of the powder burned in the air. Wonder how loud they were?

With the ingenuity displayed by some of those makers,they would certainly be smart enough to hold down decent jobs,if they were so inclined,and IF such jobs were available. But,stuck in the gutter as most of them probably are,there is just no hope for them. They could be intelligent,but completely uneducated,and unable to get anywhere.

Note: Changed Italy to INDIA. That is where the high power rifle ammo pistols were made.

Back in the 60's we did a lot of gun trading. Somehow a guy managed to talk me into paying $35.00 for a large frame Remington rolling block rifle that had been converted to a pistol with an 8" barrel,sawed crookedly! I guess I wanted the large action. Certainly did NOT want a 7MM high powered cartridge PISTOL. I DID want to TIE it behind a large tree and set it off once with a string to the trigger,from some distance AWAY,on the OTHER side of the tree!!! Never did get around to it,though I'm sure it would have been spectacular!!

Last edited:
Incredible that some of those things actually can fire,and not blow up in the user's face!

Did you notice that several of those pistols made in Italy used high powered rifle ammo! Talk about wrist breakers. I guess with their short barrels most of the powder burned in the air. Wonder how loud they were?

With the ingenuity displayed by some of those makers,they would certainly be smart enough to hold down decent jobs,if they were so inclined,and IF such jobs were available. But,stuck in the gutter as most of them probably are,there is just no hope for them. They could be intelligent,but completely uneducated,and unable to get anywhere.
I like to think anyone can rise above their situation to succeed, as that is how i was raised. But having traveled the globe to some pretty bad spots and seen some pretty bad things (I'm military) I've come to discover its not always as simple as that. I've come to see that is a rather nieve perspective, probably fostered by living in a society that enables you to (for the most part) be what you want to be.

I've also come to be extremely grateful I was born and live in NA, where rising above your situation is a possibility.

Sorry, that was a little cryptic but its how I feel. I hope that wasn't considered political, as that is not my intent.

Just grateful to be who I am and living where I live!

:beer:

Last edited:
I remember those real cheap German made small .22 revolvers. They looked like blank starter pistols. One I looked at in a store actually had a barrel that would wiggle. They were outlawed due to their pot metal frames(making them so cheap). Unfortunately,that also outlawed the nice little Ruger Bearcat.

I haven't heard that term since high school. They were outlawed back then, get you kicked out of school quick. Some of those Saturday night specials were poorly made too.

Some of that stuff reminded me of those stamped steel jobs from WWII.
The stapler driven guns beat all I've ever seen...that's getting creative to say the least.

Back