Z axis Photo

..... Also there is no one hear to yell at me for putting off today what I can do tomorrow.

I always say that anything worth doing well is worth doing tomorrow. ;)

Truth be known, despite what Mikey says, he was in fact trying to give you a hard time, he's just not very good at it. :big grin:

Cool DRO, btw.

Tom

Mikey, you are right about the mule deer, I got up one morning last November to find 40 head in the yard in front of the house. They tend to bunch up for a brief period in the fall. Right now they have all gone to better grazing in SE Utah or northern Arizona. Not a lot of machinists here but a lot of the guys reload their own ammunition and hunt prairie dogs.

Higgite thanks for the nice comment on the DRO. I believe good natured "ribbing" can be part of this website and enjoy it. That is what prompted the comment about the snow at the shop door knob.

You guys have a good day
Ray

One of the things it took me a while to understand when I retired was this: "Anything that needs doing today will still need doing tomorrow."

Fer instance: The chicken coop needs cleaning. But, it's the first really warm, sunny day in a while, and I'd rather go for a ride on my motorcycle. The coop will still need cleaning tomorrow...

One of the things it took me a while to understand when I retired was this: "Anything that needs doing today will still need doing tomorrow."
I know that feeling... I was retired for a couple of years when I realized exactly that! No need to kill myself, it will be here tomorrow...however, a friend of mine who is also retired always liked to have to goals for getting stuff done, otherwise what should be done in a week can not be done for months! There is a happy middle ground, I just havent found it yet!

Rock_breaker, I saw your pics in my thread. Just saw this one too. Thanks for posting.
Because I'm working on my Z-axis (see the DRO thread I started), my mill table looks a lot like yours - tools everywhere.

Like you, I'm in a cold climate. It kind of sucks not having a heated shop....

Here's what I ended up doing - still tweaking this, but it looks promising.

Back