Z axis Photo

Okay, I'll bite. Is this a photo of your quill DRO install? If so, its cool. If not, then I'll guess this shows that you're using your mill's table for a storage shelf. :)

Okay, I'll bite. Is this a photo of your quill DRO install? If so, its cool. If not, then I'll guess this shows that you're using your mill's table for a storage shelf. :)

:D

TCWEB, The read-out is attached to the vertical rod.

Mikey & Darkzero
Yep! The mill is the second level thing I go by when entering the shop.
The picture was intended for TCWEB in his discussion on DROs.
The cold weather hasn't helped me in my problem of having 10 tons of stuff in a 5 ton spot. Enjoying "Hobby Machinist" at 72F is more pleasant than the shop at 20F. Also there is no one hear to yell at me for putting off today what I can do tomorrow.
Have a good day
Ray

The picture was intended for TCWEB in his discussion on DROs.

Thanks for clearing that up, Ray. Your post, I mean, not the mill.

I was thinking, "Man, Ray is either sorely pressed for time or is being purposely cryptic or I am really dense." Posting a photo for someone else wasn't even on my radar yesterday.

The Z axis photo was/is due to my inexperience in presenting photos on the site. I don't do it on a regular basis so the learning curve stays steep. Thankfully getting a picture into a post is much easier now than ever. I am not trying to irritate anyone but do know it happens.
Have a good day
Ray

You didn't irritate anyone, and thanks for being a good sport!

Mikey
Cleaning the mill table will have to wait for a while, snow has slid off the roof and blown in up to the door knob and I have 2 driveways to cleanup. We are thankful for the snow however. The area has undergone a draught for 4 years.
Have a good day
RAY

Wow, stay warm, Ray.

I looked up Yellow Jacket, Co, and it looks like great Mule Deer country. If I lived there, it would be a hard choice between going bowhunting or doing something on the milling machine.

Back