You'd Think I'd Have More 'Shop' Time This Time Of Year

Whyemier

Active User
Registered
What with the time off work and weekends coming together and the fact the company being run by Germans shuts down for two weeks at the end of the year holy-days you might think I'd have more time to do the projects waiting in the shop. :rubbinghands:

I'm in the middle of adding a reverse gear to my banjo on the lathe so I can do left hand threads. I have a fixture plate in the works and some lights to mount. I need to dismantle the quill on the mill again and several more partial started items that need finishing. What to work on when seemed to be the only problem I'd have.:pondering:

Despite the time I had off last weekend and the time up coming I have not nor will I be spending much in the shop. We were in Chicago last weekend visiting the number one daughter (No. 2 child) for four days. This up coming two weeks off we'll be up in Richmond, VA seeing the No. 2 daughter and her husband for the entire time. The only thing I might be able to accomplish remotely machine related in look for scrap for more projects. That is if they don't overload my schedule with events and people to see. :whiteflag:

Ah Well. It could be worse, I could have no shop to ponder when I'll ever work in there again.:impatient:

Oh how I can relate to this.
My favorite ***** was to all those retirees who kept bemoaning the fact that they had no idea how they ever got anything done when they were working because they are so busy now.
Yeah right! Retired, all the time in the world available now.
I now present my most humble apologies to all those maligned personnel over the years as I now have to frequently use that same excuse.:peace:

Back