YL620 VFD Drive stopped working on my 2x72 Grinder

KB58,
I am not an electrical engineer. Can you tell me how I should do the checks you mention?

Regards

Denis

Start with the manual and if it didn't come with one find it on line.
Second power off spin the load make sure it spins relatively easy.
I think the "for" your seeing is that it has been commanded a forward rotation.
There is probably another alarm your not seeing (refer to manual)

Sdelivery,
I have the manual but it is in broken English as the VFD is Chinese. The load does spin easily - pulling on the belt spins the motor. You are fight about the "for" being for forward. The set- up was working well the day before. Cannot see any other error!!

In general if there was a fault error the display would show a fault code which is described in the manual.

The issue may be that source for the analogue control got scrambles. Check the changes below, not sure but also may require external 2 wire run command control. Alternative is to reset the VFD, and try control from the front panel and then edit the parameters.
P00.01 set to 1,
P07.08 set to 3

Mksj,
Changed P00.01 to 0 ( operator board) and P07.08 to 3 (analog input) . Result was that the remote potentiometer started to control the speed of the grinder but the direction was reverse. I hit the Reverse button and the belt rotated forward. So at least the grinder is working but the direction does not agree with the display board or what it was originally doing. Not sure what I have done but at least it is running.

Switching any 2 of the motor power wires will reverse the motor. Did you maybe switch 2 while doing your testing?

Flyinfool,
Up till now I have not touched the wiring. I thought I would change the program options as stated first and the grinder started to work but in reverse. Not sure how that happened.

With the power off, just change two wire connections at either the motor or the VFD end and the motor will run in the opposite direction as mentioned. It is the easiest approach.

There is a set up function for motor direction, please refer to manual, quick set up

Back