Yikes, caution viewing

Looks good alittle cold but it’ll hold. Where the blocks meet the plate you can run multiple passes. Alittle less heat on the plate pass then crank it up on the block. Four pass fuse the two prior.
I think your biggest problem of all is you need a bigger fishing pole! Holy smokes you get it tv signals off that thing?:oops:

Having worked a commercial "snapper" boat (Marilin, Mayport) a couple of times way waayyy back, your tackle looks store boughten compared to what we had. A proper rod compared to a truck spring isn't really a comparison. But about the biggest fish we ever hooked was a shark, that I suspect swallowed a smaller catch. An impressive rod, in any case.

We used to put our cell phone antenna with a long cable on the top when cell service was analog snd the stick was not in use. :)

Last edited:
That’s a big tuna! Doing anything with leverage when welding I make it as strong as I can with the clearance I have 1/4 to 1/4 90 degree joint was built up a lot on both sides and can handle 39 lbs of drag (widened penn senator with 5,900 feet of 150lb line)

Attachments

• 0B94E25B-9126-459D-A35F-AE873C37A4CF.jpeg
    0B94E25B-9126-459D-A35F-AE873C37A4CF.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 16
  • EBD3A52D-33D9-43C1-B974-3E4BA3DD19AE.jpeg
    EBD3A52D-33D9-43C1-B974-3E4BA3DD19AE.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 16
My son is coming Tuesday to fit the gusset pipes to strengthen the T top.

His boat will max out at about 5 tunas, and go home, mine had room for 15+, so he is at the lower limit of safely using the 34' pole. They have a smaller one, he has a 24' Outrage, so he should be fine there. I have to teach him all the safety minded stuff, this will reach out and hurt you. A friend of mine got dragged of the boat by a bite around his neck, the crew had a knife, and jumped in right as it was happening. He had a hangman's scar around his neck for awhile. I lost feeling in my thumb for 6 months from a bite around my thumb after a very big shark grabbed a smaller fish as I was leadering it. I dropped to my knees, and grabbed hold under the gunnel, and luckily, the shark cut the leader. I could go on :)

Back