Xometry

Brento

Registered
Registered
Has anyone had any luck with them or heard anything good with being a machinist for them?

This them ?

Its all online Dave @mmcmdl . You sign up to be a Xometry machinist and you have to make a test part that they send you. If you pass the test part you can join and start searching the job boards. From there you pick your job you want and then i guess it kind of goes under like a contract? You also get paid 500$ for doing the test part if it passes. There are 4 test parts you can do. Sadly a lot is catered towards cnc jobs but their are some you can do under manual machines. I am looking into trying to become a partner but im looking to hear some stories first.

Aw ..........................a subcontractor . Hm , buyer beware if they are like everyone else out there . You may never get paid as they'll shoot your work down and you have no recourse in the matter . Been there , done that .

So far i have heard some good things with people getting paid.

I'll send you a pm later on . Put what you have for equipment on here if you would . ;)

So they were selling Aluminum really cheaply a while ago, then their prices started climbing fast.
There was also something else I heard, but I am not clear on what that was.
You need to do searching, there's plenty of info...

I have read nothing but horror stories with them. Alot of people doing the test piece and not getting paid. The good jobs go to their favorite businesses and new or smaller shops only getting crappy jobs that don't pay well. There is a long thread on it at the other forum.

Back