Xalky's shop! Don't mind the mess.

Plasma table is what started my machinist desires. The suspensions and center spools and engine cradles being made by guys like protodie and yoshi all come off a plasma table. Thousands of dollars in parts with very little material cost. Then I learned my heim bungs come off a lathe and it all went down hill from there. ahahaha I have paid more to buy bungs then my lathe cost. I figure if you can build it, someone will ask you to

Damn dude! That shop looks like a friggin Swiss Army knife! Perfect collection of all the needed necessities... Rockin shop! I'd love to spend some time around someone with a surface grinder...
looks great!

Thanks for digging the "swiss army knife"! Believe it or not, I'm gonna be squeezing this behemoth in there.

20140424_165044_zpst7xl0kuq.jpg

Something will be moving out into the basement, most likely the blasting cabinet.:whistle:

Marcel

Ok, We definetly want to see pictures from "Lathe moving day". Threading your new tool in there will be interesting :)

- - - Updated - - -

Marcel,

If I had twice the space and the same amount of equipment, I could probably maintain a better looking place.

Ray

Who are we kidding here, if any of us had twice the space we'd have three times the equipment :)

Ok, We definetly want to see pictures from "Lathe moving day". Threading your new tool in there will be interesting :)

- - - Updated - - -
There will be pictures...if I can remember to take them!

Who are we kidding here, if any of us had twice the space we'd have three times the equipment :)

I keep finding room in this garage for stuff. It's like Jesus with the loaves and the fishes. I thought I was at capacity 2 years ago but somehow, I rearrange a few things, move out unneccesary things, get rid of a few duplicates, consolidate things, and presto, there's room! :lmao:

I could move things around in your shop and have room enough when done for five more machines but then your wife wouldn't let me in there anymore. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G"

I could move things around in your shop and have room enough when done for five more machines but then your wife wouldn't let me in there anymore. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G"
I couldn't have a better wife for me. She just lets me do my thing...which is just awesome!:halo: Truth be told....I did catch a little flack when I told her I was buying another lathe.:bitingnails:It didn't last too long. She got over it in a matter of minutes.
I'm slowly creeping into the basement now too.:lmao:

Marcel

Xalky,
I got me one of them kind of wives too. She just smiles and indulges me because we don't share money. Hers is hers and mine is mine. We each have certain responsibilities to the house but the rest is ours to spend or not spend as we see fit. Even when I was traveling on my mid life adventures she just smiled and knew I would be home again soon and never pressured me to come home or to spend more time at home either. God's good to me to have given me such a supportive and smart woman to have in my life. Did I mention she is also an ornamental iron welder and can run my plasma table as good or better than me too. And I asked her to look into getting certified as a diver so we could go to Mexico and she didn't hesitate and jumped right in and got her certs and we had a blast in Cozumel. Cant ask for a better friend and playmate. So just expand slowly and don't forget to reach out and tell her how much she means to you and all will be good for many many many years to come.

Bob

Back