X-Y Table Nut Oiler

RandyM

Mr. Deliberate
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Finally got tired of not being able to oil the x-y nuts properly. So here is my rendition of the modification to my Bridgeport. I am really happy with how it all turned out. But I tell ya, there is not a lot of room under the table to run the lines.

Oh yeah, I know there are kits on the market for these, I just didn't like the idea of plastic tubing and the suggested engineering.

Mill X-Y Nuts Oiler 01.JPGMill X-Y Nuts Oiler 02.JPGMill X-Y Nuts Oiler 03.JPGMill X-Y Nuts Oiler 04.JPGMill X-Y Nuts Oiler 05.JPGMill X-Y Nuts Oiler 06.JPGMill X-Y Nuts Oiler 07.JPGMill X-Y Nuts Oiler 08.JPGMill X-Y Nuts Oiler 09.JPGMill X-Y Nuts Oiler 10.JPG

Attachments

• Mill X-Y Nuts Oiler 13.JPG
    Mill X-Y Nuts Oiler 13.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Mill X-Y Nuts Oiler 12.JPG
    Mill X-Y Nuts Oiler 12.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 1
how do you oil a zerk fitting? Just stick an oiler on the ball? Or is there a clamp on fitting and oiler ?

It is a regular zerk fitting, and a regular grease gun coupler snaps on and seals well enough. The oiler has a trigger-operated plunger that pumps oil under pressure, kind of like a grease gun.

how do you oil a zerk fitting? Just stick an oiler on the ball? Or is there a clamp on fitting and oiler ?

Jeff,
All of the oil fittings on the machine are of this type. They use a hand pump oiler. Here is a link and a photo.

Attachments

• Oiler.png
    Oiler.png
    215.3 KB · Views: 2
Back