X axis 150 servo Problem

The green wire on the plug you pointed at in your picture, that is actually coming from the limit switch and has nothing to do with ground.

Got it working. The power cord was completely pulled apart where it goes into the housing at the strain relief. Must a
have been quite a pull to do that. Everything works buy it surges at mid speed and when you first turn the speed control. Turn it a little more and it smooths out then does it again between 5 and 6 then runs fine after that. I can live with that unless someone knows it is a easy fix. High speed traverse button work correctly.

Excellent! The speed control potentiometer may be "noisy". See if you can get a squirt of contact cleaner inside, if there is an opening somewhere. Also, you could try vigorously turning the nob back and forth repeatedly in the erratic sections, as it might break the corrosion on the contacts. Good luck!

Got it working. The power cord was completely pulled apart where it goes into the housing at the strain relief. Must have been quite a pull to do that.
I could imagine the cord getting snarled/caught somehow during power feed. There's plenty of power there to stretch/break any cord! Happy to hear that you were able to find and fix the problem!
Everything works buy it surges at mid speed and when you first turn the speed control. Turn it a little more and it smooths out then does it again between 5 and 6 then runs fine after that. I can live with that unless someone knows it is a easy fix. High speed traverse button work correctly.
+1 to what @akjeff said. As I recall from a similar unit I once had to repair, the pot had a super-long shaft, and replacements were pretty scarce.

Parts for Servo brand feed units are available from HIGH QUALITY TOOL they still repair SERVO brand feed units at their plant in Cleveland Ohio.
This is where they started decades ago.
Their catalog includes parts break downs.

I would clean the armature and let the unit run at 100% speed to ensure the brushes are properly rounded to the armature.

I have seen it alot when adjusting a speed quickly that it will kinda surge. But I also see that happen with a dirty motor.

Parts for Servo brand feed units are available from HIGH QUALITY TOOL they still repair SERVO brand feed units at their plant in Cleveland Ohio.
This is where they started decades ago.
Their catalog includes parts break downs.
H&W Machine repair has the pot with the long shaft list on their parts web site. 11.95. Will order it and I agree that the pot is probably the problem. That power feed is nice to have, saves a lot of cranking.

I would clean the armature and let the unit run at 100% speed to ensure the brushes are properly rounded to the armature.

I have seen it alot when adjusting a speed quickly that it will kinda surge. But I also see that happen with a dirty motor.
When I had it apart I had the brushes out. The looked good and were rounded to the armature, and the armature looked good, but will give that a try before I order the Pot. Thanks for reply

Well all is good now. I ran the table back and forth several times at high speed. Turn the speed knob full range back and forth for a couple of minutes Woth unit turned off. The turned it back on and now it works as it should, smooth in all speed ranges, from as slow as it will go to as fast and all speeds are now steady and smooth. It fixed its self Go figure. Thanks to all that responded

Outstanding! Enjoy the convenience and the great surface finish that goes with it!

Back