X axis 150 servo Problem

Gman45acp

Active User
Registered
I have a 150 Servo that is on a mill that has seen little use. The servo will not do anything. Turning on the switch and the power light does not come on. I took it apart and every thing in side looks fine. Does anyone have a schematic for this servo? I think it is not getting power as I used multimeter to check continuity between the plug and then where those three wires connect to the circuit board and on off switch. Cannot get continuity on any of the wires, and I have a hard time thinking the factory plug is bad or the cord is damaged as it looks like new. Any help or ideas greatly appreciated
if I should be asking this question on another forum in the group, please advise which forum would be the correct place.

First thing I would check is the limit switch that is activated by limit stops mounted on the front of the mill table. If the limit switch is activated it will cut power to the feed motor. Then try manually jogging the servo. If that doesn't work make sure there is power to the servo. Lastly look for a fuse inside of the servo.

Even with the limit switch depressed, you should get power to the circuit board. The power wires should go black to the "circuit breaker" which then connects to the red wire on the circuit breaker when it is on that goes to the same blue connector that the white wire of power goes to. You should be able to get a short from the plug to the black wire and to the white wire.

This is a brand new Servo 150? Or new to you? The diagram that comes with new Servos is definitely lacking. Can you post pictures of how your connectors are attached to the circuit board?

Jon

Even with the limit switch depressed, you should get power to the circuit board. The power wires should go black to the "circuit breaker" which then connects to the red wire on the circuit breaker when it is on that goes to the same blue connector that the white wire of power goes to. You should be able to get a short from the plug to the black wire and to the white wire.

This is a brand new Servo 150? Or new to you? The diagram that comes with new Servos is definitely lacking. Can you post pictures of how your connectors are attached to the circuit board?

Jon
This is new to me. I will check again and try to post picture of the meter and where the probes are touching. Should get that done today

So I put one multimeter probes from the spades on the 110 plug and the other to each of The wires shown in the Picture. None would show short. Then went did the same thing using the other two spades on the plug and back to all the same wires. No short shown. When touching The multimeter probes together it goes to zero So that is working correctly. The black switch on the lower left ( on off switch) works. Shows open and closed on meter When it is moved. The on light on the circuit board looks like may be burned out as it is dark and touching the meter probes to the two exposed Legs does not show a short. Also the high speed micro switch shows closed in all combinations of touching the three legs with the meter probes, so that can’t be right. So I plugged it in to wall plug set multi meter ate 120 volts and touched the black wire on the on off switch and the white wire with multi meter probes and no voltage. I still can’t believe it is The feed line that is bad.

Found parts diagram and it shows a fuse on the parts list but then does not show it in the part diagram. I looked and can’t find any fuse at lease not the kind I am used to looking for.

The on off switch on the bottom is also a circuit breaker. Those go bad.
With multimeter probes on the contacts and the flipping the switch it closes and shows that the switch is making contact, don’t know if that means it is working properly.

If you've got no continuity from the prongs on the plug to the other end of the power cord, I'd get to the bottom that before going any further.

Back